Friday, April 9, 2010

a song of devotion or loyalty

The Cave,
"It's empty in the valley of your heartThe sun, it rises slowly as you walkAway from all the fearsAnd all the faults you've left behindThe harvest left no food for you to eatYou cannibal, you meat-eater, you seeBut I have seen the sameI know the shame in your defeatBut I will hold on hopeAnd I won't let you chokeOn the noose around your neckAnd I'll find strength in painAnd I will change my waysI'll know my name as it's called againCause I have other things to fill my timeYou take what is yours and I'll take mineNow let me at the truthWhich will refresh my broken mindSo tie me to a post and block my earsI can see widows and orphans through my tearsI know my call despite my faultsAnd despite my growing fearsBut I will hold on hopeAnd I won't let you chokeOn the noose around your neckAnd I'll find strength in painAnd I will change my waysI'll know my name as it's called againSo come out of your cave walking on your handsAnd see the world hanging upside downYou can understand dependenceWhen you know the maker's handSo make your siren's callAnd sing all you wantI will not hear what you have to sayCause I need freedom nowAnd I need to know howTo live my life as it's meant to be

And I will hold on hopeAnd I won't let you chokeOn the noose around your neckAnd I'll find strength in painAnd I will change my waysI'll know my name as it's called again."

Mumford And Sons.


An anthem to sing to; a rhythm for my heart.
I will hold on hope. I will not let you choke. I will find strength. I will change my ways. I will know my name. That is what I will do; because not only do I have to, but I want to.

Holding you head high above the deep water. Healing a friend who is suffering from many deep wounds. Finding the positive needle in a field on negative hay. Sweeping the pathway in front of you clean of the dirt and dust collected from you surroundings. Listen to you heart, who you are is referred to by a word. That is what I will do; because I have to, I want to, and I have to.


Stefanielea. x

No comments:

Post a Comment